Golf de Vittel Ermitage
Presentation of the golf course Golf de Vittel Ermitage
The Vittel golf course was created in 1905 by the Société des Eaux Minérales de Vittel, Doctor Pierre Bouloumié being the Managing Director. It was one of the first golf courses in France. It had 9 holes designed by the English golf architects Alison and Morrisson. A golf clubhouse was built in wood on the site of the current putting green. It included a secretarial office and locker rooms. Other holes were created in the years between the two wars, with the help of the architect Alison and his representative in France William Martin, bringing the golf course of Vittel to 18 holes.
In 1928, Mr. Jean Bouloumié undertook to give the Vittel golf course a modern structure by extending its course by nearly 200 m. The work was carried out over the next two years and the new golf course was inaugurated in 1930, at the same time as the Hotel de l'Ermitage. The golf course measured 5,227 m with a Par 70. Under the impetus of the CEO of the water company, Mr. Guy De la Motte Bouloumié, work was undertaken from 1977 to 1979 to increase the total length to 6.236 m with a Par 72.
The golf course was the first to be registered with the FFG and bears the number 002, the number 1 being that of the federation. Vittel is also a famous spa and in order to protect its water table, an ecological awareness has been developed, more than 25 years ago. This is why a charter of exploitation and maintenance was entrusted to the company Agrivair of Nestlé Waters, guaranteeing an organic maintenance. The golf courses have obtained international GEO and Green Globe labels...
Indoor driving range
Other golf courses: Vosges
Other golf courses: Grand Est
Other golf courses: France
LeClub Golf members' favourite golf courses with a score of 9/10 and at least 35 reviews
Classic card price